Our Substation Safety Awareness Training Course is conducted by our experienced training instructor. Each on-site training session usually takes 3 hours.
With an ever increasing duty on employers to ensure the safety, health and welfare of people at work, this course will give you a very good overview of a substation environment and associated hazards
The course covers many areas of Substation Safety including:
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Dangers and Hazards of Electricity
- The Function of Protection Systems
- Isolation & Earthing
- Safety Documentation
- Safety Rules
- Terms and Definitions
- Other Substation Safety Equipment
- Substation Do’s and Don’ts
Assessment and Certification
We are accredited by NSAI to ISO Standard 9001:2015 and are a Registered Training Provider with Engineers Ireland. Upon completing the course and passing an examination you will receive a certificate of completion.
Who should attend
Personnel including EH&S Personnel, Safety Officers, Plant Managers, Engineers, Maintenance and Operatives undertaking service or maintenance work on industrial equipment.
- FETAC Level 6 – -Train the Trainer
- FPX Leadership and Project Management
- FETAC Level 6 – -Electrician
- City & Guilds Level 3 –
- Inspection, Testing & Verification of Electrical Equipment
You can view the full extent of our course details by clicking here.