Megger TDR500/3 - Basic hand-held TDR
The Megger TDR500/3 is a hand-held, compact Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR) used to detect faults on metallic cables. It has a minimum resolution of 0.1 m/0.3 ft and a 5 km/15 kft maximum range, this is dependent on the velocity factor selected and type of cable you are inspecting.
There are four output impedances available – 25, 50, 75, and 100 Ω. There is also a velocity factor between 0.2 and 0.99 which will suit any cable test requirements.
The TDR500/3 has a simple selection option, this together with a 4 way control switch offers a simple and intuitive operation for the operator. A trace Hold feature allows the user to hold a trace on the screen giving it an advantage over other handheld TDRs.
Megger TDR500/3 Features include:
- Backlit graphics monochrome LCD (256 x 128)
- Adjustable display contrast
- Resolution to 0.1 m
- For use on Telecom TNV-3 circuit, or 150V CAT IV power circuits
- 2ns pulse for near end fault location
- AUTO option selecting gain and pulse for each range
- Display distance in metres or feet
- Uses five AA (LR6) primary cells
Not exactly what you are looking for? Contact us at with your exact requirements, we’re happy to help.
Megger TDR500/3 - Basic hand-held TDR Datasheet
For additional technical details about the Megger TDR500/3 - Basic hand-held TDR please refer to the product datasheet. Please note that you would need PDF reader to open the file.