The FLIR T440 is a handheld thermal imaging camera that allows users to see and measure heat signatures that are invisible to the naked eye. It utilises FLIR’s patented infrared imaging technology to detect subtle temperature differences and convert them into a visible image on its large 4.3 inch touchscreen display.
Some key features of the FLIR T440 include:
- 160×120 pixel infrared resolution with the ability to distinguish temperature differences as minute as 0.045°C
- Multiple measurement and analysis tools like spot meters, area boxes, and isotherms
- Onboard storage for over 50,000 radiometric JPEG images
- A range of interchangeable lenses
The older FLIR T420 model has similar capabilities but with a few downsides compared to the newer T440:
- It has a lower 76,800 pixel infrared resolution versus the 160×120 pixels of the T440
- Temperature sensitivity is rated at 0.06°C vs 0.045°C for the T440
- The 3.5 inch non-touch display is smaller than the 4.3 inch touchscreen of the T440
- Maximum storage is just 1000 radiometric JPEGs compared to over 50,000 on the T440
So while both cameras offer advanced infrared imaging and measurement, the upgraded FLIR T440 has improved resolution, sensitivity and storage capabilities. The touchscreen interface is also more intuitive for active analysis out in the field. These improved specifications make the T440 better suited for subtle temperature differentiation and image comparison.
Not exactly what you are looking for? Contact us with your exact requirements, we?re happy to help.