Advanced buried service location technology
The New EZiCAT i500 represents the latest design in cable location technology. With state‐of‐the art digital signal processing (DSP) and intelligent software, the EZiCAT i‐Series locators make ground surveys a simple and speedy task; increasing onsite safety and ultimately saving time and money.
The EZiCAT i500 locates buried conductive services by receiving electromagnetic signals which radiate from them. The EZiCAT’s intelligent software interprets the signals and provides the operator with an audible and visual response to the position and direction of the buried services.
Buried service location has never been so easy.
EZiCAT Intelligent Features
- Automatic controls – Making the EZiCAT easy to use, requiring minimal user training.
- Starts in Power Mode – Ensures the most potentially dangerous current carrying services are detected first for maximum operator safety.
- Auto Mode – Automatically locates power or radio signals, helping to confirm the presence of services upon initial site occupation making cable detection easier and safer!
- Hazard Zone – Buried utilities close to the surface pose a significant safety risk to site works. The new Hazard Zone function provides an additional warning to the close proximity of buried services, alerting users to the immediate danger.
- Pinpoint assist – Maintains the highest peak reading obtained on the signal strength indicator for a period of time, allowing the operator to quickly and accurately pinpoint the service position.
- In- built test function – Allowing operators to test the hardware and software functionality of the EZiCAT before use.
- Service Due indicator – Wrench icon displayed after 12 months.
- Highly visible digital LCD display – with built-in light sensor, automatically enabling the backlight in dark conditions.
- Robust, light weight design – EZiCAT i-Series locators are specifically engineered for tough site conditions.
Dual mode active tracing for on-site flexibility
Controls: On/Off, Mode select, ’i-button’ Information select & view
Frequencies: Power 50/60 Hz, Radio 15-60 kHz, Generator 8 & 33 kHz
Depth range: Power/Generator 3 metres, Radio 2 metres
Dust and water protection to IP54
NOTE: The EZiCAT i550 includes all the features of the EZiCAT i500. Additional features include:
Service Depth Indication
Not exactly what you are looking for? Contact us at with your exact requirements, we’re happy to help.
Cable Detection EZiCAT i500 Series Datasheet
For additional technical details about the Cable Detection EZiCAT i500 Series please refer to the product datasheet. Please note that you would need PDF reader to open the file.