COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus disease 2019. At Powerpoint Engineering Ltd, we aim to protect you in your place of work with our COVID-19 PPE. Coronavirus disease 2019 is abbreviated as COVID-19 meaning:
- “CO” stands for “corona”
- “VI” stands for “virus”
- “D” stands for “disease”
- “19” stands for 2019, which is the year the virus was identified
- COVID-19 is spread from people in fluid and in droplets scattered from the nose or mouth of an infected person when the person with COVID-19 coughs, sneezes or speaks.
- The fluid or droplets land on objects and surfaces around the infected person.
- Other people contaminate their hands by touching these objects or surfaces and then bring the virus into contact with their eyes, nose or mouth by touching them with their contaminated hands.
Employee hygiene practices are important to prevent spread of COVID-19. These include:
- Hand washing / sanitising – Wash hands properly and regularly.
- Mouth covering (COVID-19 PPE) – Cover mouth when coughing and sneezing and wear Face Mask in crowded areas.
- Physical distancing – Introduction of physical distancing measures should be implemented across all business types. This includes staggered breaks.
- Limit Physical Contact – No hand shaking with colleagues, customers or any other visitors to the workplace.
If you are at home and develop symptoms:
- Please do not attend work
- Self- isolate at home and contact your GP for further advice
- Call your manager and explain the circumstances
If you are at work and develop symptoms:
- Please notify your manager
- Avoid contact with colleagues as much as possible
- Go home immediately, self-isolate and contact your GP for further advice
- Follow the advice and guidance from your GP before returning to work